New Places



Recently I traveled to Old San Juan Puerto Rico. It was a wonderful break from the dreary Midwest winter weather. Old San Juan is a fantastic city alive with rich, colorful architecture. Before the trip, I was inspired to create a special necklace for my travels featuring St. Christopher-the patron saint of traveling. I used a beautiful old religious medallion that I found at a flea market. The medallion is quite large and has a nice patina to it. On the medallion is an image of St. Christopher carrying the Christ child. The medallion reads "Blessed St. Christopher be our guide and our protector. Preserve us from all accidents and dangers to soul and body." The legend of St. Christopher goes something like this: One day he was crossing a river when a child asked to be carried across the river. When St. Christopher put the child on his shoulders, he found the child was unbelievably heavy. The child, according to the legend, was Christ carrying the weight of the whole world. This is what made St. Christopher the patron saint of travelers. Thank you St. Christopher for making my journey a safe one!

Blue cobblestone streets

St. Christopher necklace





Here I am wearing my St. Christopher necklace in Old San Juan


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts