Birdie Frames

I found three cute brass frames at a garage sale the other day for only 25 cents. They were missing the glass and did not have any backs on them, but I knew I could make use of them. They are my favorite type of little frames that are made in Italy and usually have a nice patina to them. First, I had to wash them up a bit. I used an old toothbrush and dish soap to scrub the dust off them. Then I traced around the back with cardboard to fit a back onto them. I found 3 ATC size graphic images I liked and cut those out. I then glued them to ATC's. I then cut out 3 sheets of mica in thin layers to place over each image. Finally, I put them all together. Here are the results:

A real bargain



The cardboard backing


Mica


Mica over the images (sorry about the flash)

The final result



Now....where should I put them....
I know its a little hard to see in the pictures because of my camera flash, but they did turn out quite cute! Click on any the images to enlarge.

Comments

  1. How cute...I love the finished project! Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when you find a fantastic deal like these? I love the ornate frames and love what you've done with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts