Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birdie Frames

I found three cute brass frames at a garage sale the other day for only 25 cents. They were missing the glass and did not have any backs on them, but I knew I could make use of them. They are my favorite type of little frames that are made in Italy and usually have a nice patina to them. First, I had to wash them up a bit. I used an old toothbrush and dish soap to scrub the dust off them. Then I traced around the back with cardboard to fit a back onto them. I found 3 ATC size graphic images I liked and cut those out. I then glued them to ATC's. I then cut out 3 sheets of mica in thin layers to place over each image. Finally, I put them all together. Here are the results:

A real bargain



The cardboard backing


Mica


Mica over the images (sorry about the flash)

The final result



Now....where should I put them....
I know its a little hard to see in the pictures because of my camera flash, but they did turn out quite cute! Click on any the images to enlarge.

3 comments:

  1. How cute...I love the finished project! Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when you find a fantastic deal like these? I love the ornate frames and love what you've done with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.