New Display

I found this wooden display at the thrift store for $4.99. I'm pretty sure it's handmade. I figured I could use it for some of my jewelry. I started out painting it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. Normally, I would probably just use spray paint but its freezing outside and I am impatient. Plus, a little Annie goes a very long way so I didn't use very much at all. It was nice to be able to paint in the comfort of my nice warm dining room as this paint has very little odor and dries super fast. I painted it with one thin coat. After the first coat was dry, I painted a second coat. After, I waxed it lightly, then distressed then waxed then buffed it. Then I drilled holes on the bottom half where I put ten cute little hooks for my handmade earring cards. The top half will hold necklaces. What do you think?

Here is what the display looked like originally - boring!


After Annie Sloan


After paint, distressing and wax


Cute little hooks


Up close


Handmade earring cards




The whole view


Comments

  1. Great find, and you have done a fantastic remake! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts