The Building of a Shrine

I am OBSESSED with shrines. Seriously. It's weird. I was not raised Catholic nor did I have a very religious upbringing. Don't get me wrong, we had our beliefs and all, but the way I adore Mary and shrines you would think I was a devote Catholic. I recently made a shrine/altar jewelry display for a new store called  LOCUST Street Market, where I will be selling an all religious line of jewelry (LOVE!!!).
I started with an old lamp. It didn't have a shade so I found one with a good metal shape and ripped the fabric off. I painted the lamp, wrapped different ribbons, laces etc around the wire shade and decorated the shrine with roses of my favorite colors, pinks and purples. I also wired a wooden cross that I spray painted gold to a very old iron cross and wired it to the stem of the display. Eventually it will be filled with sacred adornments to wear. Here is what I have so far. 

beginning

Nothing special

Mary & script on the table top

Mary & script on the table top



Tinsel!! Yeah!

Fabric wrappings



Its really not crooked! Bad pic

Side view

Very old iron cross

Up close of the stem

Full view

One of the necklaces

Another necklace


Necklace

Hand forged necklaces & bracelet

Back sides


Comments

  1. As one Shrine Lover to another, I totally understand the Attraction. I have always had Shrines in my Home and often my Garden as well. Pinterest has some AMAZING Shrine Creations to Inspire the Shrine Loving Soul!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table and the cross. Very nice,
    Say you remind me of that movie star Karen Black. Has anyone ever said that to you?

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts