A Sweet Owl Save

I love owls! They are interesting and wise creatures. They happen to be quite trendy right now too. At work yesterday Dani and Bill got to rescue an injured Barred owl. He had been hit by a car - so sad! The motorist did stop and render aid as well.  The owl was brought to the Raptor Center at the University of MN. The Raptor Center is "part of the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, The Raptor Center rehabilitates more than 700 sick and injured raptors each year, while helping to identify emerging environmental issues related to raptor health and populations. An internationally renowned education facility, The Raptor Center trains veterinary students and veterinarians from around the world to become future leaders in raptor medicine and conservation. In addition, The Raptor Center reaches more than 200,000 people annually through its unique public education programs and events" (Raptor center website click HERE). Hopefully the little guy will have a good recovery. Check out the Raptor Center it's a neat place! The owl reminded me of a few necklaces I made a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would share. Enjoy!








Comments

  1. OH gosh, years ago I hit an Owl in Texas, a man stopped me from touching it, said I could get hurt. He put a blanket over it and we took it to a vet. He is such a gorgeous bird. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 owls that live in the trees in our back yard. Sometimes at night you can hear them talking to each other, it's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts